I suggest you ...

Desktop - folders

Have a way to group notes either by folders or tags. Folders would be ideal since Google Docs stores them in folders and would be easier to find.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Veldboom shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidB commented  · 

Has there been any recent change in the Google API which would allow tags? It would be great if these could be added!

• Travis commented  · 

I agree! I love the desktop format but I am really having a hard time with not being able to organize things. I want this to replace my use of evernote because I really like the idea of all of my notes being on my Google Drive. This is the biggest thing holding me back from making the total switch though.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I really would like to have this feature, too. I've got about 50 notes. So it's always difficult to find the one I'm looking for.

• Tom commented  · 

Totally agree.. Really would like to see this.

• Jeff commented  · 

I hope this feature is again reviewed. I recently converted to NoteSync from Evernote because of the Google Docs syncing. To be able to label/tag/categorize/folderize my notes would be the feature that should bring many more to NoteSync.

Note using Android

• Larry Maccherone commented  · 

I would definitely not want to try to convert Google's tagging/collection concept to a more traditional folder concept. Allow notes to be in more than one "folder". Also, I'm not sure about the word "desktop" in this title. I don't need sync with my local folders, I just want my Google Docs collections shown in NoteSync.

• Bob Tabor commented  · 

It seems like Google has added the notion of "Collections", which seem to be like labels in Gmail (essentially "tags"). Just curious if they've opened up the API to add / manage "Collections" programmatically. If so, this might be an item worth revisiting. Thanks for your work.

• AdminBrady White (Founder, NoteSync) commented  · 

Thanks for adding this. We need Google to update their API to support this feature. Right now it is impossible to have a stable sync engine that supports folders / tagging. We hope this changes soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base